Friday, June 25, 2010

Is louse plural for lice?

Delousing yesterday. Yes you read me correctly. So the first time I noticed lice on a kid was yesterday, it was really bad. I was hugging her close for a bit because she was. As soon as I saw it my head started itching. I don't know if it's all IN my head or just all ON my head. (Funny because I'm pretty sure it's the same either way in Spanish).



A guy short changed my $0.05 (no 'cents' button?) on the bus. He kept arguing with me that it was the right amount, but I've ridden (?) this bus like a million times, he's soooo wrong. Okay, I know doesn't sound like a lot but that's one fifth of my next bus. Jerk.





So I'm starting to not be able to remember English words. They say that's a good stage in learning another language. Only problem is I usually don't know the Spanish counterpart. Uh...



I'm in a weird place right now. No, not Ecuador. I mean in an odd transition and I feel like maybe (or for sure) I bit off more than I can chew. Ministry stuff isn't working out the way I thought a few weeks ago and everything is up in the air. I want to explain but I honestly don't really know yet myself. More on that when I find out.



Got a unexpected trip to Columbia. Sorry mom they didn't have any coffee for sale or I would have bought you some. It was pretty cool. Probably one of the few times blonde Californian girls were smuggled over the border. Oddly enough we were searched a few times coming back into Ecuador, but never asked for papers.

3 comments:

  1. when ministry stuff isn't working out the way you thought it would, then MINISTRY is happening!!!

    May all your expectations be frustrated.
    May all your plans be thwarted.
    May all your desires be withered into nothingness.
    That you may experience the powerlessness and the poverty of a child and sing and dance in the love of God the Father, the Son and the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli! I love you! I will "kinda" echo PC even though it's not what you want to hear probably. When I read about your "biting off more than you can chew," my first reaction was: Great!

    That's basically the point :) Life needs to be beyond what we know how to cope with, b/c life isn't about being comfortable, it's about thriving in a love relationship with God. I wish so bad I could be there in person to hear more of what's going on. I want to understand where you're coming from.

    Can you give me your number? I want to try calling you again. I think I got the country code wrong or something. I really want to "TALK" not write to you, and just catch up finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head lice - what a pain, I have four children (3 girls and a boy) and all have had nits at least once. The best method I have found is to comb their hair whilst in the bath with plenty of conditioner on the hair.

    ReplyDelete